Are You Too Busy to Take That Next Step?
An investment into technology is a necessity for any business leader. Though social media has become a priority in the last ten or so years, a website has been an essential factor for any business even longer than that. Even the small startups operating out of basements have websites. But in today’s economy, is a simple 5-pager enough? Don’t get me wrong, it is for some businesses. But can a founder go into business in 2016, have a local developer create a small website or quick landing page, and then write-off the need for technology in the business place? No, and the once-a-week posts on social media won’t cut it either.
What we have to realize is that our online presence represents us as a brand in the mind of our consumers. Even if we have a website, but it is outdated and lacking a clean appearance or modern functionalities, we are displaying a poor representation of our business.
This graphic from Kissmetrics shows how even your loading time and site performance could turn away potential customers or prevent existing customers from ever returning.
By now, you probably understand my point. You might be saying, “This doesn’t apply to me. I just redid my website and I maintain it regularly.” But lets take it a step further. How else can we use technology in the business place to improve what we do? Let me offer a few examples.
- Is your website optimized for mobile devices? Mobile devices now drive somewhere around 60% of all online traffic.
- Have you done any search engine optimization to improve your rankings on Google, or have you ran paid advertising campaigns to bring traffic to your site? A website with no traffic does no good. It doesn’t have to cost a lot to bring traffic either.
- Have you tried Conversion Rate Optimization to turn your site viewers into customers and subscribers? Our end goal isn’t just traffic, it’s sales.
- Does your business sell tangible goods? You’d be surprised at what can be sold online. An eCommerce solution could be huge for you. Think about it, you’re offering potential customers a 24-hour showroom in the convenience of their home.
- Do your customers regularly interact with you and your business? A mobile app could simplify and enhance this experience.
This is where I see too many go wrong. Some miss the point. Others see the value, yet they’re often “too busy” to go ahead with it. Whether you’re new in business or are already thriving, an investment into a technology solution tailored to what you do could be the next step for growth. Speak to me today about how I can help you with just that.
Samuel Corso is the CEO of TechSuite. He is passionate about bringing quality technology to business leaders and entrepreneurs.